The IR Program is currently looking for 1-2 volunteers to sit on the organizing committee with the IR Program and the Liu International Development Research Network (IDRN) for an Development Networking Event that will be held in term 2. This event will engage IR undergraduate students, Liu Scholars, and the development community. This position will involve approximately 2-4 hours a week during the initial planning stages and will increase to 3-5 hours per week closer to the event date.
As this is a new endeavour, duties may evolve and will be split up between committee members. We expect the position to include some of the following:
- Attending planning meetings and working with team on developing concept of the event
- Liaising with NGO’s regarding event details
- Assisting with the promotion of the event including encourage IR students to attend
- Day of set-up/take-down
- Volunteer recruitment (if needed)
- Additional event planning duties
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to keep to a timeline
- Creative thinker
- Works well with little/no supervision
The first organizing meeting will be October 27th 11:30am at the Liu.
This is a great opportunity to develop your event planning skills and to network with others around campus. Please submit your resume and cover letter by October 14th to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this position, please feel free to contact me.